Intake of the Department = 60
Artificial intelligence & Machine Learning is an allied branch of Computer Science which focuses on technology for creating intelligent machines which can think and work like human beings. AI is a technology which enables a machine to simulate human behavior. ML is a subset of AI which allows a machine to automatically learn from past data without programming explicitly. The goal of AI is to make a smart computer system like humans to solve complex problems. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves.
It is a Blooming technological advancement, from software’s like Alexa, to basic human command system. But going by the bounds of progress AI has been making permeate in every sphere of our life. Every aspect of these technologies has been put to its best use. It is now spinning as a basic part of human lives. People need this technology in enterprises and even households. Artificial intelligence has made its way through all sectors of society. Every person is using this technology in some or the other way. Moreover, it is modified for different age groups and industrial sectors.
The Future of AI & ML
The future of artificial intelligence is more fascinating than ever. Thinking very similar to Humans in real time Environment is the AI’s biggest gift to humankind. In the recent years, self-driving vehicles, digital assistants, robotic factory staff, and smart cities have proven that intelligent machines are possible. Some say robots are the future and they will replicate humans completely and human dependency on this sector will increase the manifold. However, one thing is for sure, artificial intelligence is progressing faster than ever. AI has transformed most industry sectors like retail, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, media and continues to invade new territories. Artificial intelligence is widely adopted by the manufacturers in the industries such as pharmaceuticals, automobile, food and beverages, and energy and power.
To Excel in the Emerging Technology of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning by imparting quality education, and to enhance the research & problem solving skills in the Applications of Computer Science and Engineering with a focus to make them industry ready, and to enhance the carrier towards their professional growth.
- M1 : To educate the students in Computer Science and Engineering technologies with industrial standards.
- M2 : To collaborate with academic institutions to elevate innovative research and development in AI & ML to serve as per society needs.
- M3 : To make the students industry ready and to increase their employability through internships & live training.
- M4 : To create an academic environment for higher learning through self learning, academic practices and research endeavours.
- M5 : To inculcate knowledge in lifelong learning & professional ethics.
Program specific out comes (PSO’s):
- PSO 1: Mathematical Informatics Section: To clarify the process of intelligent activities based on rational reasoning by human beings and to create new methods of problem-solving by implementation with computers.
- PSO 2: Architecture Section: To establish the techniques for designing hardware and software systems necessary for the development of the next-generation of intelligent information processing systems.
- PSO 3: Application Section: To apply the developed techniques to address challenging problems in various real-life applications from biomedical signal and image analysis, systems biology, climate to social and communication networks.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s) :
- Graduates will possess the basic science and engineering ideas extremely important for a computer engineer.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology deployment & implementation in industry.
- Graduates will be able to successful in pursuing higher studies or career paths in research.
- Graduates will interact with their group of people in other disciplines in industry and contribute to the growth of the country.
- Graduates will function in their personality skills, social awareness and responsibilities.
Dr. Sandhya N
Professor & Head
Qualification: BE, M. Tech, Ph.D
Mrs. Sowbhagya M P
Qualification: B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)
Mr. Raghava M S
Qualification: B.E, M.Tech,
Mr. Vijaykumar Manjunath Kashyap
Qualification: BE, (M. Tech)